1. Use of Site
You represent that you are at least 18 (or, if you are a Puerto Rico resident, at least 21 or legally emancipated) or that you are using the Site under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
We may limit the number of times you can visit or log in to the Site within a certain period of time. We also reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Site, or any portion thereof, at any time, without notice.
1.1. Prohibited Uses of Site
You agree not to:
- Resell any aspect of the Site;
- Bypass or circumvent measures we may use to prevent, interfere, or limit access to the Site;
- Use the Site to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Use the Site to intercept, collect or store personal information about other users;
spam other users or take other actions that may affect the operation or enjoyment of the Site by other users;
- Access, monitor or copy any content or information on the Site using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process;
- Decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software or content used in any part of the Site;
- Send a virus or use any malicious programs or techniques in connection with the Site;
- Overload or crash the Site; or
- Engage in excessively high volume data transfers or bandwidth use, including without limitation by hosting a web server, internet relay chat server or any other server via any use of the Site.
The Site and the Content are protected by U.S. and/or foreign copyright laws, and belong to Isis or its partners, affiliates, contributors or third parties. The copyrights in the Content are owned by Isis or other copyright owners who have authorized their use on the Site. You may download and reprint Content for non-commercial, non-public, personal use only. (If you are browsing this Site as an employee or member of any business or organization, you may download and reprint Content only for educational or other non-commercial purposes within your business or organization, except as otherwise permitted by Isis).
The trademarks of Isis may not be copied or used, in whole, partial or modified form, without the prior written permission of Isis. In addition, Isis’s custom graphics, logos, button icons, scripts, and page headers are covered by trademark, trade dress, copyright or other proprietary right law, and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole, partial or modified form, without the prior written permission of Isis. Other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, product and service names, and company names or logos that appear on the Site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Isis.
You may not use any metatags or any other “hidden text” utilizing an Isis name, trademark, or product name without Isis’s express written consent.
4. Links to Third-Party Web Sites
5. Linking to This Site
You may not connect “deep links” to individual images, videos, or other media files on the Site. You may otherwise link to the Site, including “deep links” to posts made in the Newsroom, and without obtaining our permission .You may not mirror or frame the home page or any other pages of this Site on any other web site or web page.
6. Downloading Files
Isis cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the Site will be free of infection by software viruses or other harmful computer code, files or programs.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties
ISIS AND ITS EQUITY OWNERS MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE SERVICE OR THE CONTENT. ISIS AND ITS EQUITY OWNERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE SITE, THE SERVICE, THE CONTENT, AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE FURNISHED OR TO BE FURNISHED VIA THE SITE. ISIS AND ITS EQUITY OWNERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS PERFORMED BY THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. ISIS AND ITS EQUITY OWNERS DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT, OR THAT ANY ERRORS IN THE CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED. THE SITE, THE SERVICE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
8. Limitation of Liability
BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, ISIS AND ITS EQUITY OWNERS’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED AND WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BUT SHALL, IN NO EVENT, EXCEED $100.00.
You understand and agree that you are personally responsible for your behavior on the Site. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Isis, its equity owners, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, joint venturers, business partners, licensors, employees, agents, and any third-party information providers to the Service from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or arising out of your use, misuse, or inability to use the Site, the Service, or the Content, or any violation by you of this Agreement.
11. User Conduct
You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes. You agree not to take any action that might compromise the security of the Site, render the Site inaccessible to others or otherwise cause damage to the Site or the Content. You agree not to add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify the Content, or to attempt to access any Content that is not intended for you. You agree not to use the Site in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties.
12. No Professional Advice
Any information supplied by any of our employees or agents, whether by telephone, e-mail, letter, facsimile or other form of communication, is intended solely as general guidance on the use of the Services, and does not constitute legal, tax, accounting or other professional advice. Individual situations and state laws vary and users are encouraged to obtain appropriate advice from qualified professionals in the applicable jurisdictions. We make no representations or warranties concerning any course of action taken by any person following or otherwise using the information offered or provided within or through the Services, and we will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages that may result, including but not limited to economic loss, injury, illness or death.
13. Claims of Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), all claims alleging copyright infringement for material that is believed to be residing on Isis’s system or network should be promptly sent in the form of written notification (the “Notification”) to Isis’s Designated Agent:
c/o JVL Ventures, LLC dba Isis
230 Park Avenue, Suite 2829
New York, NY 10169
Notification. To be effective, the Notification must include the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Isis to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit Isis to contact the Complaining Party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
5. A statement that the Complaining Party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the Complaining Party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please be aware that there are substantial penalties for false claims.
14. General Provisions
b. Correction of Errors and Inaccuracies. The Content may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. Isis therefore reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update the Content at any time without prior notice. Isis does not, however, guarantee that any errors, inaccuracies or omissions will be corrected.
d. Electronic Communications. You agree that this electronic document and any other electronic agreement, notice, or other communication that we provide to you meets any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.
Last Updated September 13, 2011
© Copyright 2011 JVL Ventures, LLC. All rights reserved.